Friday 8 November 2013

Whoops

So I broke my hand in that silly tumble yesterday. But its OK - just a big black bruise right through it and it hurts but its OK; could have been worse. Think I hit it on a rock as I fell backwards. I cant get my glove on mind which is a bit of a  bugger as that's how it happened in the first place, but as long as I don't fall off again, it will be OK.



It was very cold  toady and it tipped it down so we only rode as far as Stawall and found a motel there to charge up various phone and laptops, do some washing and have an easy day.

Then we went into town, had a coffee and then rode up to the gold mine at Big Hill.  Gold was first discovered here in 1855 and between ten and 1920, 2.9  million ounces of gold were mined from the ground here. Its the oldest operating gold mine in Australia, and the mine was named after the fortress  palace in Ethiopia, Magdala.



Tomorrow, we're off to the Grampian National Park - definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment